May 19, 2008

While the Parents were away...

I chopped down a few trees in the back yard, while Dad and Mom were gone. The picture above is of our leaning pinetree that was the last to go. It sticked out like a sore thumb when the tree next to it was taken out (hence the square planter box smack dab in the middle of the yard hiding the remains). Mom has been telling Dad since then that she wanted this tree gone, however that didn't happen until they left for Seattle. Janine Quayle came over and took out the tree with her awesome chain saw because she said, "my stubborn Dad wouldn't get in the way". The Herreras watched from their yard wondering what we were doing, and being rightfully concerned that this leaning tree could fall on their house. They even offered to help, which made this whole thing possible.
After a few intense moments of wondering if it would fall on the neighbors house, the tree finally fell to the ground (not were we planned to have it fall, but no one and nothing was hurt so we were fine with it). Margaret Herrera came over after it fell and asked me if I was sure my parents were okay with me doing this while they were away. They seemed just fine with it when they got home (although it would be a bit too late if they were unhappy about it). And yes, I used the chain saw, and amazingly I did just fine...or at least that's what Janine told me.

2 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Good job Em! I wish I had been there to use the chain saw. That's awesome!

Kelsie said...

I love that you guys did this--so funny! And I think you and Janine are amazing. I've certainly never used a chainsaw.