March 29, 2008

Stories

As my brothers and sisters know, my dad is quite the storyteller! I grew up listening to stories about an interesting boy, Bernie Fry, who would end up doing something crazy like swimming the manure pond or something of that nature. Well, that has carried on. Every now and then, I see Dad telling the kids stories like that. Last night, Dad made up quite the story about what happened to our television (it really just broke). He gathered the kids to listen and told them of an elaborate story where Grandma and Grandpa had someone break into their house and steal the T.V. He first told it to Hannah, and she seemed a bit worried, but Kaitlyn could tell that that was too far fetched. Trevor seemed to understand the story as well. My dad told my siblings and I stories (and I consider him the best storyteller ever), and now his grandchildren will always remember his stories.

No comments: