March 18, 2008

Hawaii

I had so much fun in Hawaii, but I can't tell you all about it (that would take too long). I just picked a few of the highlights of my trip and hope that you enjoy these pictures.
I spent most of my time on Hukilau beach because it was closest to Lisa's house. I loved to boogie board and the Egberts were so kind to let us use all of their beach gear. This action shot caught me when I actually road the wave. Really though, I am not very good at this.
In Haleiwa, there is this little store that has the best shave ice in the world. I went there multiple time and enjoyed a peach mango pina colada with ice cream in the bottom. It was amazing, so if you ever get a chance go to the famous Matsumoto's.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go do the baptisms at the temple. There are not very many temple workers so we needed some boys to go with us, but there weren't any willing to come with these crazy girls. On Sunday, I went and walked around the ground.
We also made it to the Dole Plantation, after we splurged at the swap meet earlier that day. It was interesting to see just how pineapples grow but I don't think I will plant one any time soon. They take about two years to grow, so I'll just buy it at my local Lee's Marketplace.
One of my favorite places that I went to was Sunset beach. We ate our doughnuts from Ted's Bakery and watched the sunset. The waves were getting big while we were there and we could see some surfers on their way out to catch a way. I was just content with just watching from a distance and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

2 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

I am so jealous! That looks awesome! Let's go together sometime, eh?

Jenn and Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.