July 11, 2009

a big announcement

Jason and I are officially engaged now. He proposed to me on Thursday night at Adam's park. I knew that something was up when he showed up at my door with a dozen red roses. Aren't they beautiful? He took me out to eat at Firehouse. Then on our way back to my apartment, he drove past the temple and stopped at the park. We walked around the park for a while, and he was asking me about when we first met and our first date and all sorts of stuff. Finally we sat down on a bench and were just talking when he handed me a letter about how much he loved me. When I was done reading it, he got down on one knee and proposed. It was so cute!

We stopped out in Richmond and then out to my parent's house to make the announcement. Mom attacked us as we got out of the car with the camera, so all the pictures are because of Mom.
The ring. I'll have you know he picked it out all by himself. He did such a good job. I know this isn't the best picture, but it's the best one we got.
Now, it's on to planning a wedding in less than two months!

4 comments:

Austin Christina Cranney said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so happy for you guys! Your ring is so beautiful, good job Jason on picking it out. I can't wait to see you at work and hear more about it....

Honeybee said...

Yea! We are so excited for you & looking forward to meeting Jason. Good luck with all the fun planning ahead :)

Kelsie said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear the "story," since Rob didn't really find out about that part. :) Let us know if we can help with something!

Krista Payne said...

Congrats!!! Emily I am so excited for you.