January 19, 2009

the big city

This past weekend, I ventured out of little Cache Valley down to the big city. I stopped at Steph's house to see the Gee family. Steph made me a wonderful grilled cheese sandwich and sliced an apple for me for lunch. Yummy! Emma kept bouncing around saying that she wanted to watch Mary Poppins the whole time (I guess I'm not that entertaining). Until Steph turned on the movie, Emma sang every song on the show, and let me tell you, she is going to be one famous little singer one day.

(I love this picture of Emma. Look at that smile. Aspen fell asleep soon after I got there, so she missed out on the photo shoot.)

Later that day, I met up with Jenn and Brandon. I want everyone to know how good of friends Yogi and I are. We're pretty tight now. Who would have thought? Maybe I'll get a dog of my own one day...that day is very far away though.
Rob and Kelsie let me go eat dinner with them and the girls at Zoupa's. (If you have never been there, go!!) At first the girls were a bit unsure having me sit right next to them in the car. Emi kept her head straight forward, not daring to turn her head my direction, but she silently watched me out of the corner of her eyes. However, they did remember who I was when we got into the light of the resturant. After we ate, they took me back to their house, where we played until Jenn and Brandon came to pick me up. I didn't have my camera, but we did have a good time together.

So I have never been to a theater outside of Cache Valley, so the Muirs took me to Valkery at a massive movie theater at the district. Wow! There were twenty theaters in one place! I was shocked at how big that place was. I think I had a bit too much caffeine at the movie, because when we got home around midnight, I was not tired at all, so Jenn and I stayed up way too late talking.

Well, staying up that late isn't the best thing to do when you have 9:00 church in the morning. We were just a little late, but we did make it. Jenn gave the lesson in the Beehive class, and she did a splendid job. After church we had really really good tin foil dinners and fell right asleep on the couch. Those guys just wore me right out!
What a way spend my long weekend. Thanks Jenn and Brandon, Rob and Kelsie, and Steph and Gardner for making it such a fun weekend for me!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Austin Christina Cranney said...

Hey it looks like you had a fun weekend! It is always nice to get out of the valley for a bit.

Emily said...

Aren't you glad you have such great brothers and sisters, neices and nephews. Being the youngest can be a good thing. Love, Mom

Jenn and Brandon said...

Wow! Could have done without the last picture of us. . .yikes! Come down any time. We still need to go to Tai Pan.

Kelsie said...

I'll have to send you the one picture I got of you and the girls. Emi and Lizzie keep bringing up how they ate at the restaurant with "Em-ly." Thanks for coming to visit!

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

I'm glad you had fun, but it would have been nicer if you have ventured a little further down to see me. THanks for nothing hoser! :)