July 6, 2008

Lewiston 4th of July Parade

The day after we got home from Sun Valley, we celebrated the 4th of July in Lewiston. I ran the 5k in the morning with some of the family. After which, I ran over to the firemen's breakfast (that's something that cannot be missed) and then over to the parade. I haven't been able to sit and enjoy the parade with my family, but this year I was able to watch with them. We yell and clap for every float for candy. However, there was some mixed emotions when the Utah Democrat float came by. They handed out "I'm a Democratic fan" signs, of which Courtney is displaying in this photo. He sure makes a good lookin democrat.


The girls sure enjoyed the parade, particularly running around in the road. What fun! Elizabeth tried to run away a few times down the road and Brandon would run to get her.

The red, white, and blue party and Jan's was amazing like always. I did not start the water fight but somehow I was the only one who ended up getting dunked in the pool. I don't know how I feel about that. Watch out for next year, Roy! It was quite the 4th of July.

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

Love the 4th of July! I love how everyone always wears RED, WHITE or BLUE! :) Sorry you got so wet this year.